Business Systems Analyst Position
The Focused Ultrasound Foundation, a medical research, education and patient advocacy organization in Charlottesville, VA, is seeking a full time Business Systems Analyst who will work collaboratively with the business and scientific teams to proactively identify and implement operational improvements, enhancements, and system customizations that meet the requirements of a continually evolving business environment. Candidates must possess the ability to understand functional and technical requirements and build workable solutions. This includes analysis, design, internal/external systems integration, configuration, maintenance, administration, and data management. Full time permanent employee or independent contractor will be considered.
- Analyze needs of business and scientific teams to help identify sustainable, strategic process improvements and automation opportunities.
- Lead/facilitate users with defining their requirements by understanding their business processes and interdependencies with other systems or functions in the organization. Manage projects through to implementation involving IT staff and/or consultants as appropriate.
- Construct business process flows, write requirements and solution design documents, build prototypes, migrate data, define/run test plans, and implement final solutions.
- Initial projects include current Salesforce database with continuing improvements, integrated grants management system, new finance and accounting systems, and a staff time-off tracking system.
- Perform Salesforce application configuration, including simple to complex workflows, roles and permissions, and define and configure applications to support data models and structures.
- Define, communicate and execute a data quality process to manage data including standardization, completeness, and validity.
- Ensure selection and implementation of a system to maintain IT and user documentation.
- Develop and maintain system and user documentation; provide user training.
- Design and develop business reports as requested by users.
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of cross functional business experience including business analysis, data analysis, and IT solutions development
- Experience analyzing and making recommendations based on previous experience, research and best practices.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and application development methodologies
- Understanding of UI design principles and best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and other business applications.
- Salesforce.com Certified Administrator or Salesforce.com Certified Advance Administrator
- Solid understanding of Salesforce.com architecture, API and security policies
- Understanding of Salesforce developer data tools
- Proven project management skills and working knowledge of project management methodologies; effective leader of cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently as appropriate
- Experience managing and delivering internal customer expectations
- Innovative and strategic thinker focused on both current and future needs in the organization
- Analytical, creative, detail oriented and excellent problem solver
- Strong organization skills; effective at multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Strong interpersonal skills; verbal and written communication that conveys with clarity and succinctness
- Ability to communicate business needs to technical people and to communicate and simplify complex technical information for non-technical people
- A team committed to fulfilling the Foundation’s mission
- Knowledge that your work will have a direct and positive effect on the lives of patients worldwide
- Work within an ever changing and rapidly growing field
- Generous and comprehensive health and welfare benefits for employees