Our client seeks an IT Support Engineer for a 6-month contract with a chance of a permanent position at their Charlottesville office. The IT Support Engineer is responsible for first- and/or second-level user system support. Duties include user account management and installing and maintaining PC hardware, PC operating systems, peripheral devices and shrink-wrap software.
- Applies understanding of company's general business functions and systems to determine impact of system changes to the business and vice versa
- Communicates with system users in business terms
- Ensures that work complies with client's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), systems development life cycle methodology, policies, standards and procedures
- Handles on-call responsibilities for production systems, requiring working knowledge of hardware, operating systems, and shrink-wrap applications
- Installs and maintains PC hardware and software to ensure use of standard configurations among locations
- Coordinates repairs with vendors • Maintains equipment inventories. Controls inventory movement at the end of equipment lease or warranty
- Provides system administration for the client's Helpdesk system. Develops and maintains knowledge base information. Provides solutions for reported problems.
- Provides 7x24 system support
- Provides guidance and mentoring in area(s) of technical expertise
- Researches, analyzes and implements patches and upgrades to fix operating system problems or vulnerabilities
- Evaluates new products and services
- Participates in the development and implementation of trouble handling procedures to minimize service outages and ensure appropriate communication to the end users. Works to constantly improve customer service.
- Creates, abolishes, and updates user operating system and e-mail accounts
- An undergraduate degree or its international equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Management Information Systems or related area. Work experience in Systems in a business environment may be considered equivalent
- Professional Certification preferred (MCSE)
- Reads, writes and speaks fluent English. Fluent in language of host country
- Analytical, dependable and able to multi-task. Customer service orientation. Possesses good interpersonal and communication skills.
- 3 to 5 Years equivalent experience