BeHealth Solutions develops and distributes digital therapeutics, scientifically validated programs that expand access to effective healthcare by delivering cognitive and behavioral change strategies through the Internet and mobile devices. Our interactive, self-guided programs offer scalable and affordable solutions for behavioral and mental health issues, and are used by our customers in the management of medical and mental health conditions.
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to lead technical efforts in developing and maintaining digital health applications for a growing number of conditions such as insomnia, depression, and cancer. The Software Engineer will be responsible for overseeing programming, implementation, hosting, and technology support for these configurable web-based applications. This is a unique opportunity to use your programming skills to create innovative programs that improve the health of others. The ideal candidate is self-directed, detail-oriented, a good communicator, and possesses strong technical skills. This is a full-time position for a person that is preferably based in Charlottesville, Virginia. BeHealth Solutions is a small company with substantial growth opportunities. The Software Engineer must be able to take a “hands-on” approach to coding and technical work, and to coordinate effectively with other BeHealth staff and IT contractors.
- Be the team builder: Participate in the mentoring of junior developers, demonstrate technical expertise, and manage contract developers as needed.
- Be a hands-on coder: Build maintainable, scalable web applications with rich dynamic interfaces, while meeting specific project schedules.
- Establish best practices: Define coding practices, manage code control and deployments from development to test to production, oversee library usage, and maintain good testing practices.
- Provide technology direction: Maintain existing legacy systems and codebase while improving technology architecture to increase scalability, improve version control and deployment processes, and enhance reporting and data export capabilities.
- Engage with leadership: Relate technical investments to business requirements, providing clear technical direction while understanding and communicating financial trade-offs.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services preferred.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented development principles.
- Some knowledge of SQL. Should understand the difference between an inner and outer join.
- Experience with Content Management Systems preferred.
- Experience in gathering and refining requirements and discussing requirements with non-technical staff.
- Strong leadership experience: leading meetings, conducting presentations, management of cross-functional teams, and attracting and retaining key talent.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Programming or equivalent work experience.