CBIC promotes innovation and entrepreneurship by supporting growth and success among the Charlottesville region’s technology-focused organizations. It provides a forum for ideas and a collective voice on behalf of the technology sector. Through collaborative partnerships, educational resources, and strategic relationships, CBIC enhances, publicizes, and champions technology initiatives that strengthen economic and social vitality in our area.
The benefits of CBIC membership include:
Networking & Connections
- Substantial discounts on or complimentary access to CBIC events including regular Tech Night Takeover (TNT) educational and after-hour socials, both of our monthly Tech On Tap and Charlottesville Entrepreneurs and Espresso series, our annual holiday party and awards gala, and more: 30+ events per year!
- Social media outlets including CBIC’s LinkedIn Group, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook fan page for sharing your organization’s news and activities with fellow members and staying informed of interesting news and happenings. Please join and follow us!
Committee Participation and Leadership Opportunities
- Visibility in the community, Communications of member news, Advocacy including CBIC's Annual Tech Tour and Annual CBIC Awards Gala, and Camaraderie through CBIC committees or its board of directors. CBIC’s mission is to educate, celebrate and advocate for Charlottesville’s technology community and to accelerate technology innovation and entrepreneurship in the region. Your membership helps make that possible.
To become a member, please click on one of the links on the top right to complete your online membership application as either:
- Organization (including self-employed persons) Organization members include technology firms of all sizes including startups and mature enterprises, as well as service providers (formerly associate members) who provide support to technology firms such as legal, tax, accounting, consulting, marketing, public relations. This category also includes non-profit organizations, academic institutions, etc.
- Individual - Individual memberships are intended for those who are retired or employed who wish to secure a CBIC membership solely for themselves and not on behalf of their larger organization.
- Student - Student memberships are intended for currently enrolled students, including high school, undergraduate or graduate school at any academic institution including community colleges.
- Organization: 1 - 9 Employees | Annual Fee: $225.00 (this includes sole proprietors, consultants, etc.)
- Organization: 10 - 24 Employees | Annual Fee: $325.00
- Organization: 25+ Employees | Annual Fee: $425.00
- Individual | Annual Fee: $100.00 (this includes those who are retired or employed by an organization that isn't a CBIC member)
- Student | Annual Fee: $15.00