Hemoshear is seeking to fill two scientist positions.
Seeking enthusiastic, motivated, and qualified research scientist with technical background and knowledge in biochemical endpoint assays and analyses. Successful candidates will have strengths in attention to detail, technical and organizational skills. Applicant must thrive in a very fast-paced environment working in team-oriented setting.
The research scientist will focus on endpoint and assay needs related to commercial and internal project work for HemoShear’s liver and vascular systems. Additional responsibilities include performing cell culture work. The position involves teamwork, high levels of communication, and ensuring scientific excellence. The Research Scientist will work closely with the project team Study Directors to ensure that all work stays on schedule and is completed according to our standards.
- Conducts and/or coordinates development/validation studies related to endpoints and assays
- Performs end point assay development, end point assay work, and analysis, as required by programs and project needs
- Conducts experimentation/validation studies related to cell culture donors and media
- Performs cell isolations, cell culture, propagation, and cell plating for experimentation, as required by programs and project needs
- Responsible for training of team members and new employees for consistency in methods
- Responsible for upholding all safety standards discipline guidelines and laboratory compliance requirements
- Maintains high level of documentation and records in laboratory notebooks and data files
- Communicates operational needs
- Performs additional activities needed to ensure successful project completion
Reports to Endpoints & Assay Coordinator
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Science with relevant experience of 2 to 4 years is preferred. Educational achievements of a lower level must be accompanied by appropriate additional experience.
SENIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST, LIVER
Seeking enthusiastic, motivated and qualified Senior Research Scientist responsible for performing in-depth background research, developing new partner proposals, and performing data analysis, interpretation and reporting for liver system programs with a Charlottesville biotechnology research company. Successful candidates will have strengths in drawing on scientific expertise and literature-based research in liver biology and physiology. The position requires self-motivation, independent analysis, and communication skills towards ensuring scientific excellence. Applicant must thrive in a very fast-paced environment working in team-oriented setting. Great growth opportunity!
- Develop new proposals for liver system partners
- Perform data analysis, evaluation, and interpretation on liver programs
- Perform background research and analysis for programs and R&D efforts
- Package reports for review prior to client communications
- Assist in strategic development of liver commercial projects/programs, including but not limited to interfacing with clients, design of experimental studies, creation of goals and objectives, and promotion of business model
- Provide comprehensive research reports on a wide range of scientific topics related to liver client projects/programs
- Written and oral communication of research information, including journal publications, grants, white papers, presentations, etc.
- Travel and scientific communications with clients, as needed
- Communicate on and maintain information trade secrets/knowhow
- Perform additional activities as needed to ensure successful project completion
- Support growth needs
- Doctorate degree in Science with relevant experience in liver biology of 5 to 10 years is preferred. Educational achievements of a lower level must be accompanied by appropriate additional experience.