Castle Hill Gaming is seeking a Data Scientist to help us refine our products and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Castle Hill Gaming creates casino slot games for gaming markets all over the United States. We are looking for someone that is part scientist, part software engineer, and part hacker. You will work to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across our core business markets.
An ideal candidate must be able to . . .
- Able to program basic tools using database queries like SQL and Zoho reports
- Able to create and support software that facilitates aggregation of company wide data
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Data Munging. We have lots of data sources. Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Know statistics and how to accomplish the desired goals. You should be familiar with statistical tests, distributions, maximum likelihood estimators, etc.
- Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra. You must be able to derive statistical data as well as predictive results.
Relevant education and work experience
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualization.
- Experience working with Zoho including Reports and CRM
- Proficiency in using SQL
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills with C# and other programming/scripting languages
- Data-oriented personality, Bachelors in Math, Statistics, CS or a related quantitative discipline.
About Castle Hill Gaming
Launched in September 2013 Castle Hill Gaming was founded by a uniquely experienced veteran team from the Online and Casino Gaming industries. Castle Hill’s team have worked designing and developing over 150 slot machine titles, providing sales, service and support for hundreds of casinos in the United States, that generated more than $1B in revenues. Castle Hill Gaming is headquartered in Charlottesville Virginia, often ranked as one of the Best Places to Live and Best Places to Raise a Family in the U.S., as well as scores of other accolades. Most recently being Best College Town, Best Small City for Working Women and Top American Foodie City. Home to the University of Virginia, Charlottesville population grows by more than 20,000 students during the school year. Charlottesville also hosts some of the nation’s greatest historical landmarks, along with great restaurants, breweries and wineries, and superb music and arts venues. Outdoor lovers have a broad array of choices from hiking the Appalachian Trail in the Blue Ridge Mountains, to tubing on the James and Rivanna Rivers, to snowboarding at Wintergreen Resort. Just two hours from Washington DC and an hour from Richmond, Charlottesville is a sought after small city with big amenities. See www.charlottesville.org for more detailed information. Castle Hill Gaming offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package for all full-time employees.