Maternity Neighborhood is hiring a full-time software developer to join our established team in Charlottesville, Virginia.
As a digital platform specially designed to support maternity care, our tools work across care sites to directly engage pregnant families and their care teams. Our new engagement suite helps maternal-child health and community-based providers deliver effective and efficient education and support to their clients and families.
Our team has a history of working well together, shipping useful code, and solving problems related to maternity care. We are peers, and every software developer on the team has the same responsibilities:
- Design and develop new product features, both server-side and in the browser.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix production bugs.
- Assist in quality assurance processes, and expand automated test coverage.
- Handle customer technical support issues.
- Participate in code review.
- Ability to troubleshoot, support, and test software.
- Experience with the Unix command line.
- A self-managed, process-oriented approach to software development.
Above all, we want individuals who are looking to be part of our core team, believe in our company mission, are self-aware, and actively seek on-going professional development.